Software Developer with extensive experience in all phases of software development life cycle. Effectively analyze, design and implement features for data analysis applications with client server architectures. Consistently enhances existing systems with new features and performance improvements. Strong skills in:
- Object-oriented Design and Programming
- GUI and Database Programming
- Technical Documentation and User Training
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Agile - Scrum
- Databases - SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Design - Design Patterns, UML
- IDE - Eclipse
- Java - Eclipse RCP, JDBC,SWT/JFace, Swing
- JEE - Servlet, EJB, MBD, JAX-RS
- Operating Systems - Windows, Linux (CentOS)
- Other - R, JMSL, TeeChart, Hadoop, Gradle
- Testing - JUnit
- XML - EMF, JAXB, XSD
Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of the Buffalo Link (Cloud) application. Developed with Java (JEE),Servlet, EJB, GWT, GWTP, and GXT.
- Create and maintain web pages for application's user interface (UI).
- Develop server-side logic to process and execute commands issued from UI.
- Migrate SVN and Hudson build server to new servers.
Designed, developed and maintained robust features in data analysis application, used by 600+ users in different engineering teams located over 5 global locations. Application written in Java, built upon Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) and utilized JMSL, EMF, TeeChart, JAXB, HTML and Agile methods.
- Added new or enhanced features and fixed problems to GUI and client-side, addressing users’ needs within four-week release cycles of application. Users’ time-savings ranged from minutes to 3+ hours for different features.
- Tested application features through visual inspection and wrote unit tests for automated testing. Led to correction and reduction of bugs in application before production release.
- Provided direct user support through electronic or face-to-face communication with 2+ users per week. Support included answering questions, resolving problems or documenting requests.
- Educated 250+ users by teaching monthly training courses resulting in increased user knowledge and efficiency. Training was held in person for on-site engineers and remotely for engineers in Singapore, Malaysia, China and Canada. Remote training saved $1500+ in travel expenses each time.
- Created and managed training course materials, and updated documentation for application’s help system. These detailed resources increased productivity of users unable to attend courses, or seeking quick answers.
Maintained and led development of data analysis application, used by 150+ engineers at locations in the USA, Singapore and China. Application written in Java and made use of Java Swing, data models, SQL, Oracle, Java Web Start, Tomcat and Agile methods.
- Led three-person team to enhance features with new or improved functionality within two-week release cycle of application. Enhancements affected client-side and middle-tier server, giving users the ability to work more efficiently.
- Improved reliability of retrieving large data extracts from database, preventing wasted user time due to failed extracts. Updated SQL in advance when new types of data became available in database, ensuring that users had access to latest data.
- Refactored application code to improve re-use of common functionality, reducing developer time to make enhancements. Migrated application code from CVS to SVN repository, taking advantage of SVN features for easier maintenance of code.
- Administered support to users’ inquiries, issues or requests through e-mail or in person, meeting users’ demands in short time frame.
- Trained 120+ users by offering monthly training courses, leading to increased proficiency in use of application.